- Finely grate sweet potato.
- Chop shallot or Spanish onion finely and add to potato mixture.
- Squeeze as much water as possible out of sweet potato and onion using a cheese cloth or towel.
- Add cassava flour, olive oil and egg white to achieve a dough like consistency.
- Form into small bite-size patties or rostis.
- Option to either fry or bake until cooked through.
- Pat dry and arrange on a serving platter.
- Heat a frying pan with cooking oil of choice.
- Add venison steak and cook for 5-7 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- Set steak aside to rest.
- Carve steak into thin strips.
- Top rostis with a slice of venison.
- Add a dollop of the sauce of choice.
- garnish with microgreen or herb.
Plating & Serving
Intended to be served on a platter with serviettes and eaten in a one or two bites.
For a vegan version, it is possible to serve the rostis on their own or topped with sauteed mushroom slices. In this case, omit the egg white